Rules & Regulations
WHO CAN SUBMIT
Anyone from the ages of 13 and up can submit for any 2minaudition contest. The 2minaudition Contest is not directed at children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information within 24 hours. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
Official Rules: These official rules (“Official Rules”) govern the 2minaudition Online Contest (the “Contest”). The Contest begins at (12:00 AM PST) on July 30th, 2018 where entrants (each a “Contestant”) can enter a 2minaudition “audition video” submission (“Submission”) as further described herein, and the Submission period closes at (12:00 AM PST) on August 30th, 2018 (the “Contest Period”). All Contestants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules.
Eligibility: The Contest is open to permanent legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, as well as artist who reside in the following countries; Australia, Luxembourg, Austria, Netherlands, Belgium, New Zealand, Canada, Norway, Denmark, Portugal, Finland, Singapore, France, Spain, Germany, Sweden, Hong Kong, Switzerland, Ireland, United Kingdom, Italy and Japan who are thirteen (13) years of age and older as of July 29th 2018. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Rare Labs (“Developer”), and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, advertising and promotion partners and agencies (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) and the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. Contestants also must have a valid email address to receive updates for the competition. All contestants, that advance to the contest after the application and submission period, will be receiving all necessary material to advance confidently in the contest. Emails will include updates and changes, new monolouges that are required for each round, and any other important information that is deemed necessary for the contest.
How to enter: To enter, visit www.2minaudition.com during the Contest Period. Contestants should follow the instructions on the website to complete the profile registration form for the Contest and successfully upload their Submission. All Submissions must comply with the Submission Guidelines, as more fully described below. Registration for the Contest is free. All registration information is required to participate in the Contest.
- After visiting 2minaudiiton.com you must first create a profile before you can submit an audition;
- From your camera or camera roll upload a picture that will act as your profile headshot for the competition. If you are creating your profile from a laptop or desktop follow the same steps to upload your profile headshot;
- You can choose between two separate monologues, download as a PDF, and perform the monologue when you are ready;
- The Submission must be performed in the English language, but common foreign words/phrases are acceptable;
- The Submission must be no shorter than one minute and thirty seconds (1:30) and no longer than two minutes (2:00) in length;
- The Submission shall not infringe the copyright or any other proprietary right of another individual or entity that is not already approved by our 2min Team. This may cause your Submission to be removed from the Contest;
- The Submission must not have previously been entered into any contest or won any award prior to submission into the Contest;
- The Submission must not focus on any brands or logos; Sponsor shall maintain the right to disqualify any Submission in violation of this element in its sole discretion;
- The Submission must be a live action sequence (i.e., animated and stop motion scenes will not be eligible; CGI and special effects are allowed);
- The Submission must not contain any nudity, pornographic or unlawful content or obscene or objectionable material as each is judged in Sponsor’s sole discretion;
- Submissions can be shot in either landscape or portrait. We recommend LANDSCAPE when Submitting to any 2minaudition Contest;
Click Landscape v's Portrait to see an example;
- The Submission must not contain any software viruses or other codes, or programming designed to limit, impair, destroy, interfere or otherwise cause harm to the Contest, the Site, other Contestants, Submissions, individuals, or Promotion Entities;
Please be advised that the timeline reflects midnight (Pacific Standard Time or PST) is the deadline time frame for all auditions and resubmits for the contest. If a audition and or submission is entered past the timeline, the 2min Team will not allow the contestant into consideration for the Round of 64
Application/Submission Dates: July 30th- August 30th 2018 (Midnight PST)
Judges & Peer Review- August 31- September 4th (Midnight PST)
(Round One) Round of 64- September 5th- September 9th (Midnight PST)
Once the deadline has been reached each remaining contestant will be sent a new monologue, through our email system, in which they will have 72 hours to learn, record, and submit for Round 2.
The Top 32 will have from September 11th - September 14th to learn, record and resubmit new monologue before 9pm (PST)
(Round Two) Round of 32- September 15th - 19th (Midnight PST)
Once the deadline has been reached each remaining contestant will be sent a new monologue, through our email system, in which they will have around 72 hours to learn, record, and submit for Round 3.
The Sweet 16 will have from September 20th - September 23rd to learn, record and resubmit new monologue before 9pm (PST)
(Round Three) Sweet 16- September- 24th - 28th (Midnight PST)
Once the deadline has been reached each remaining contestant will be sent a new monologue, through our email system, in which they will have around 72 hours to learn, record, and submit for Round 4.
Our Elite 8 will have from September 29th - October 2nd to learn, record and resubmit new monologue before 9pm (PST)
(Round Four) Elite 8- October 3rd- 7th (Midnight PST)
Once the deadline has been reached each remaining contestant will be sent a new monologue, through our email system, in which they will have around 72 hours to learn, record, and submit for Round 5. For our Final 4 contestants, an extra day for promotion and acting prep will be awarded before they need to record, and submit for Round 5.
Our Final 4 will have from October 8th - October 11th to learn, record and resubmit new monologue before 9pm (PST)
(Round Five) Final 4- October 12th - 16th (Midnight PST)
Once the deadline has been reached each remaining contestant will be sent a new monologue, through our email system, in which they will have 72 hours to learn, record, and submit for Round 6. For our Final 2 contestants, an few extra days for promotion and acting prep will be awarded before they need to record, and submit for The Finals.
The Final 2 will have from October 17th- October 21st to learn, record and resubmit new monologue before 9pm (PST)
(Round Six) The Finals- October 22nd - 26th (Midnight PST)
10. NOTIFICATION TO ENTRANTS Selected Entrants for each round/phase and the Grand Prize Winner will be notified by email, telephone, or other means reasonably calculated to provide notice. Entrants consent to a background check that may be performed, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, to verify information provided by Entrants and compliance with these Rules, or for other reasons related to the Competition. If you are selected as the Grand Prize Winner, your information may also be included in a publicly available winner’s list.
11. GRAND PRIZE One (1) Competitor will be selected to be a principal artist (In film, this term refers to a speaking role, without getting too specific about how central the actor's character is to the story. It has also been used to denote non-contract players who have five or more lines. Supporting: The actor fills a principal role and appears in one or more scenes). The winning Competitor will be flown round-trip coach airfare from a major United States airport designated by Sponsor that is situated near the winning Competitor’s residence, to a major airport of Sponsor’s choosing; will be accommodated in a hotel designated by Sponsor for 3 days/2 nights (1 queen or king-size bed) for purposes of completing principal photography and possible public relations appearances; and will receive meals (selected by Sponsor) and ground transportation (selected by Sponsor). Any changes in travel once flights or other arrangements are reserved will be the financial responsibility of the changing party. The winning Competitor must be available for travel for the photo shoot, specific dates to be determined. If the winning Competitor is not available, an alternate winner will be selected, time permitting. If the winning Competitor resides within 250 miles of the hotel Sponsor selects for the winning Competitor, then Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may substitute ground transportation in lieu of air transportation in the form of a gas allowance or hired car to the hotel location. The winning Competitor will receive the film DAY RATE for principal artists at the time the project goes into production. By agreeing to appear as the winner of the Competition, the winning Competitor consents to the use of their name, photos, and/or likenesses for advertising and trade purposes in connection with 2minaudition, in all media known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation, except where prohibited. All expenses not specifically mentioned above are not included and are solely the responsibility of the winning Competitor, including, but not limited to: round trip transportation between the residence and the departure airport, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, food, gratuities, and tips before arriving at the destination airport selected by Sponsor, incidental personal expenses, insurance, laundry service, luggage fees, merchandise, mini–bar, service charges, souvenirs, telephone calls, and all other expenses incidental to the winning Competitor’s employment and travel to/from the destination airport and stay in the city and at the hotel of Sponsor’s choosing. No Grand Prize substitutions or cash redemptions allowed. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to not use the performance of the winning artist if deemed necessary. By accepting the grand prize, the winner acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules. To the extent that any federal and/or state income or other taxes apply to the value of the prize(s) and/or award(s) provided to the winning Competitor, the winning Competitor shall be solely responsible for the reporting and payment of such taxes. The winning Competitor must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents. Airline tickets shall not be refundable or transferable and shall not be valid for upgrades or frequent flyer miles.
12. CONDUCT By entering, Entrants: (i) agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Rules, Entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Competition, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Arizona without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, and (ii) irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state, and local courts located in Maricopa County, Arizona. Failure to comply with these Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual: (a) acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of these Rules; or (b) acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike, disruptive, and/or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. CAUTION: ENTRANTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO CAST PAID VOTES FOR THEMSELVES, ENTRANTS CAUGHT UTILIZING THEIR PERSONAL PAYMENT METHODS AND CASTING PAID VOTES FOR THEMSELVES MAY BE SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION. ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE COMPETITION IS IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND COSTS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. VERIFICATION OF WINNER Potential winners will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, a liability/publicity release, and other documents (“Prize Claim Documents”), as may be required or permitted by law. If any potential winner fails or refuses to sign and return all Prize Claim Documents within fourteen (14) days of prize notifications sent, the winner may be disqualified, and an alternate winner may be determined/selected. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in address of Entrants. By accepting a prize, the Winner agrees to maintain her behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices while participating in any Competition activity, including but not limited to participation in or use of a prize. The Winner understands and further agrees that Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the Winner from any activity at any time if Sponsor determines that the Winner’s behavior at any point is disruptive or inappropriate or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of Sponsor, or otherwise violates the policies of the prize providers.
14. DISCLAIMER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY SPONSOR, PROMOTION ENTITIES, AND ALL PRIZE PROVIDERS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE ENTRY INFORMATION, HUMAN ERROR, TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION, FAILURES, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, OR DEFECT OF ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK, COMPUTER ONLINE SYSTEMS, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, SERVERS, ACCESS PROVIDERS, OR SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ANY INJURY OR DMAGE TO PARTICIPANTS OR ANY OTHER PERSONS’ COMPUTER RELATING TO OR RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS COMPETITION; INABILITY TO ACCESS THE ENTRY WEBSITE OR ANY PAGES THEREOF; THEFT; TAMPERING; DESTRUCTION; OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR ALTERATION OF ENTRIES; ENTRY SUBMISSIONS THAT ARE PROCESSED LATE OR INCORRECTLY OR ARE INCOMPLETE, GARBLED, OR LOST DUE TO COMPUTER OR ELECTRONIC MALFUNCTION OR TRAFFIC CONGESTION ON THE INTERNET OR ANY WEBSITE. PROOF OF ENTERING INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE IS NOT CONSIDERED PROOF OF DELIVERY OR RECEIPT. ALL DATES SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE APPROXIMATE. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO EXTEND ANY DEADLINES. ALL ENTRIES AND ANY OTHER MATERIALS SUBMITTED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PHOTOGRAPHS) BECOME THE SOLE PROPERTY OF SPONSOR AND WILL NOT BE RETURNED OR ACKNOWLEDGED. FALSE AND/OR DECEPTIVE ENTRIES OR ACCOUNTS SHALL RENDER ENTRY INELIGIBLE.ALL DECISIONS OF SPONSOR SHALL BE FINAL AND CONCLUSIVE ON ALL MATTERS RELATING TO THE COMPETITION. ALL ENTRANTS, SELECTED ENTRANTS, AND THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER RELEASE, DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, PROMOTION ENTITIES, AND ALL PRIZE PROVIDERS, AND THE OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AND AGENTS OF EACH, FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO, OR IN ANY WAY ARISING FROM, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, THIS COMPETITION, PUBLICATION OR USE OF THE SUBMITTED PHOTOGRAPHS OR ADDITIONAL PHOTOGRAPHS, ENTRANTS’ NAMES AND LIKENESSES, AND/OR ACCEPTANCE, USE, MISUSE, LOSS, OR MISDIRECTION OF THE PRIZE, INCLUDING LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, DAMAGES, OR MONETARY LOSS.IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR, PROMOTION ENTITIES, OR ANY PRIZE PROVIDER BE LIABLE OR OBLIGATED TO AN ENTRANT, SELECTED ENTRANT, GRAND PRIZE WINNER, OR ANY THIRD PARTY IN ANY MANNER FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OF ANY KIND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES IN ADVANCE. THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY. All causes of action arising out of or connected with this promotion, or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
15. CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have any questions or comments about the Contest as outlined above, or would like to request the name of the Grand Prize Winner, please
CONTACT US or mail as follows:
8902 E Via Linda, Suite 110-130
Scottsdale, Arizona 85258
This Competition is not in any manner sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
License to sponsor: By participating in the Contest and uploading a Submission, Contestants grant Sponsor, and its licensees, successors, and assigns an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, license (but not the obligation) to use, copy, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, display, exhibit, alter, edit, scan, duplicate, modify or create derivative works from the Submission in any manner, including in advertising, promotion and publicity materials, in any medium now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity. Contestants irrevocably waive all so-called moral rights they may have therein. Contestants acknowledge and agree that the Promotion Entities do not have now, nor shall in the future have, any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of any copyright in and to any Submissions. Past winners of the 2minaudition competition will need to wait no longer than 1 full competitions before they are eligible to compete again.